November 24, 2014 - Lodha Palava
Palava City Infrastructure
For any region to develop infrastructure plays a very major role. We look at the infrastructure projects near Palava that has undergone all these years.
Till the early 1990’s there was the old Mumbai Pune road running just near to Palava. Kalyan Shil road was just an ordinary 2 lane road connecting the two locations. The Ambernath pipeline road wasn’t existing at that time. We had the Virar Panvel line at place.
Presently, the 4 lane Kalyan-Shil road is operational and one of the major roads in this region. The Ambernath Pipeline road and Taloja bypass road acts as feeder roads to this one. Palava is exactly in between the new Mumbai Pune Express highway and the Mumbai Nashik Highway. Nilje station had been developed.
- Up gradation of Kalyan Shil road to 6 lane highway.
- The Navi Mumbai International Airport has been proposed and construction will start in sometime now.
- The Airoli Dombivali tunnel project has been proposed which will cut down travel time by 30 minutes between the two locations.
- Ghatkopar Ghansoli Link road is under construction. Expansion of Mahape Shil road into 6 lanes is already in place.
- Monorail between Kharghar and Kalyan with 2 stations within Palava city has been proposed by Government of Maharashtra.
- Local trains will be started in Virar-Diva-Panvel in the near future.
- The Virar Alibaug multi modal corridor consisting of 6 lane Express highway, Metro train, service roads and flyovers at critical points has been proposed.
These projects will be developed by the Government in the near future. More projects will also be announced which are Palava centric.